Snow Play tubing in Big Bear is the best thing that ever happened to children in Southern California who love snow! It usually opens slightly before Thanksgiving of every year; check the website link below for updates. Snow Play is one of three spots for winter fun in the Big Bear mountain region:
- Bear Mountain—skiing and snowboarding (info here)
- Snow Summit—skiing, snowboarding, and the Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair (info here)
- Snow Play—NO skiing; offers tubing, alpine slide and small lift, mini golf, go karts (info below)
Big Bear Snow Play
42825 Big Bear Blvd
Big Bear Lake, Ca 92315
There are numerous advantages to Big Bear tubing at Snowplay. Kids love it. It’s easy and fun for adults too. There is a heated area with food and drinks. The attendants are polite and very accustomed to answering questions on pricing and policies. Overall a very fun time. Here are more details:
- They supply the innertubes.
- They have automatic escalators that take you to the top of the hill—covered and uncovered.
- There is lots of real snow during the holiday season; but they make fake snow to fill in when needed.
- Right by the famous Big Bear Alpine Slide. (Not to be confused with the Scenic Sky Chair, which is at Snow Summit.)
- Right by the Alpine Slide is Go Karts and Miniature Golf—all share the same parking lot.
- Also right there on site is a tavern that is heated with video games, food, and drinks inside.
- The lines are long—but not when you get there early in the morning!
One last tip: get there early in the morning! The lines get longer and longer with each hour. Eearly mornings are the least crowded times to visit Snow Play, especially when the winter season opens around Thanksgiving.